Though the project is easy manageable it gave me a great feeling that some people have usage for my code and I want to thank them for the trust very much. I'm dedicated to move logdecorator forward, even if there are not that many dependants.
However, the original code was a little bit clumsy and already reached its limits with my own first issue (adding a new log_exception decorator). Therefore I rewrote huge parts of the library to gain a better extendability.
- A new decorator log_exception was added, which can log exceptions using logger.exception(msg)
- log_on_start and log_on_end now accept only necessary arguments (e.g.: on_exceptions is not acceptable anymore)
- The base class LoggingDecorator isn't a swiss army knife anymore and is now intended and open for extension
- All decorators are now subclasses (and not instances) of LoggingDecorator
Since these are some great changes and even backward incompatible*, I created a new major version for this update.
* Here I am speaking of the arguments, not accepted anymore. I was exerted to not break a sane usage.
At the moment I don't see any lacking improvements. If you have any suggestions please open a new issue and I'll see over it.